York rated Gold in TEF

We have that undergrad teaching excellence

Hide Images

The University of York has received Gold, the highest possible rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework, a government led assessment of undergraduate teaching quality within university institutions.

This is an improvement on last year's silver rating.

Positive points which contributed to York's rating increase include ‘very good employment and further study outcomes’ (something we all want to hear), ‘outstanding levels of stretch for students in learning’ and ‘excellent provision of careers support’.

Gold ranked Uni of York

Undoubtedly, the main credit goes to our great lecturers and teaching staff here at York, who provide the great teaching which has led to this gold ranking.

In an email sent to students by Vice-Chancellor Koen Lamberts, he praised students at the university for contributing to York's gold ranking through ‘active participation in teaching’ along with ‘student organisations’.

The Gold ranking shows that every student at York will experience teaching "of a truly high quality," suggesting that it is a good choice for prospective students looking to invest their tuition fees wisely.