Image may contain: Light, Flare, Crowd, Person, People, Human

An exclusive guide to your post exam summer blow out at York

It is an extensive list

With exams coming to an end for most students soon, we thought we would look ahead to the all fun that will soon follow.

As well as the usual club nights provided by YUSU, theres a whole lot else going on that is well worth your attention.

So sit back, stop working in the library and have a read through what the next few weeks has in store for UoY students…

We picked out our personal top events to keep an eye out for:

12.06 – The YUSU Summer Ball

Would it really be York without YUSU's overpriced but mightily fun end of year party at the races? We think not. With Everything Everything performing alongside Mistajam performing on the 12th of June, this will be a night you and your bank balance will always remember. More details can be found here.

01.06 – On&On

One of the most popular nights in York returns on the 1st of June in what is an already sold out event. Expect the usual high quality special effects, glitter, and some of the best student DJ's in York that On&On is famed for.

Image may contain: Party, Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

04.06 – Big D

This year sees the famous Vengaboys bring the party to Derwent College. With Bondax and Brookes Brothers also performing alongside various big names from across York, need we say anymore?

Big D's theme this year is 'The Cosmos'

02.06 + 06.06 – Blackbox and Drop

Two events that sees the end of an era as York's underground leaders close down with the first of a string of parties for us all to enjoy. With Oneman, Madam X + Octavian, it is a lineup that fits more in with Bristol, Leeds or Manchester than it does at York, don't miss out on the 2nd of June.

The two combine later on the 6th ofJune when Australian party starter extraordinaire Mall Grab swings by Mansion for a party that will live long in the memory. Not to be missed.

Image may contain: Night Life, Night Club, Club, Person, People, Human

Blackbox with Drop. is on the 6th of June

08.06 – Soul Candy

Arguably one of York's most well loved nights returns to Fibbers for the final time this year on the 8th of June. Expect to fall in love all over again as Las Chicas take us on a journey to the Neon Jungle. What that means is anyone's guess to be honest.

Image may contain: Manga, Comics, Woman, Girl, Female, Poster, Collage, Person, People, Human

The events listed above are merely our recommendations, be sure to check out what else is happening below:

31.05 Terra Firma x Herbal Mafia : Alix Perez

03.06 The Halifax Emporium

03.06 GoodFest 2018: Zak Abel

05.06 Origins

07.06 Vanbrugh Paradise : ft. DROP. and Clkwork Summer Party w/ Yak

15.06 DROP. x Bassmentality // Ramz