Image may contain: Trolley, Tram, Streetcar, Cable Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Bus, Person, People, Human

First York announce improvements to their bus service

They include the introduction of a night bus and change of routes for 66 and 66a

First York have announced changes to their bus services.

The changes will take place from Sunday 20th May and include changes to the route for both the 66 and the 66a. In addition, there will be two new services introduced – the 66x, an express morning service and the N66 at night.

The 66 bus will now run every 7-8 minutes from Monday-Friday, every 10 minutes on Saturday and every 15 on Sundays. It will also now depart from stand RJ at the train station and will travel along Field Lane to Hes East.

The 66a has been made more frequent with buses now running every 15 minutes from Monday-Saturday and every 30 minutes on Sunday. The bus will now travel along Lakeside Way to York Sport Village.

The first of the new services, the 66x, is a morning express service which travels directly to the University of York from the train station. It will run 3 trips on term-time weekday mornings at 7:30, 8:00 and 8:20.

The other new service, the N66, is designed to help people get home safely after a night out. It will stop at Salt & Pepper from midnight to 4am daily so that clubbers don't have far to get to a bus stop.