York have won Varsity 2018!

VICTORY IS OURS

Hide Images

The University of York have beaten Durham University in the annual College Varsity competition for only the second time ever.

York achieved an unassailable lead of 65-44 late on in the day's competition to clinch victory, with the final score ending 73-55.

Inter-collegiate rivalry was put to one side today while York's colleges banded together to bring the trophy to the University.

YORK'S WON VARSITY!!!!!!!!

Posted by Laura Carruthers SU on Sunday, February 25, 2018

Derwent College recorded victories in lacrosse, hockey, men's rugby union, badminton ladies' doubles, badminton mixed doubles and darts while Halifax recorded victories in men's football, volleyball, hockey and all badminton doubles.

Langwith also recorded victories over Durham in tennis, men's football and basketball while James beat our rivals in women's touch rugby, volleyball, lacrosse, squash and badminton men's doubles.

The Hes East colleges played a part too, with Constantine winning in basketball and women's 7-a-side football with Goodricke also winning points in the latter.

In addition, Vanbrugh won points in squash and tennis while Alcuin contributed a victory in darts.

Congratulations to all athletes involved!

Featured image credit: York Sport Union