York’s most eligible bachelorette: Semi-Final One

There can only be one

Here we are. The first semi-final of York’s most eligible bachelorette 2017. Feeling excited? Good. One of the following girls could be your winner. Once more, it’s your votes that count, vote in the poll below to select the two girls who will have the honour of making it through to the final…

Oonagh MacDonald, First Year, Halifax

This first year history student, a well-known fresher of UYHC and a lover of mangos, Oonagh is potentially one of the hottest historians around. When asked how to felt to reach the semi-finals, Oonagh told us

In the words of Kris Jenner I feel #blessed to have got this far and want to thank everyone that voted for me, especially those who did it more than once. Winning would mean so much to me as ‘winner of Yorks Most Eligible Bachelorette’ sounds much better in my Tinder bio than just semi-finalist.

Ella Parker, First Year, James 

She may only be 5’2″ in stature but she will beat you in a fight, you’ve probably seen her in Salvo lobbing glass bottles into crowds or being generally rude to her friends. Ella says,

I’m shocked I even made it as far as the semi finals considering some of the only phrases used to describe me in the heats included, “throwing glass bottles into crowds” and “generally being mean to all her friends.” Honestly though, I really need to succeed in this because I don’t have a lot else to show in terms of my academic achievements at uni.

Clare Cornwell, Third Year, Langwith

As Social Sec for YuSurf, Claire loves a night out; she’s often seen gracing the dance floor of Salvos and is rarely absent from Phats.

Reaching the semi finals? One small step for Clare. Winning the title of York’s most eligible bachelorette? One giant leap for Clare-kind. An honour indeed, shout out to all my fans. Humbly representing fellow gingers and Langwithians. Together, we shall rule once again xoxo.

Ella Tennant, Third Year, Derwent 

After a long time off the market, this prized gem is single and ready to mingle. Despite short stints on Tinder and Bumble, she’s still after a man that stimulates more than just her impressive mind. This is what Ella had to say

To reach the semi finals it has given me a small taste of victory, and to win would mean I could have my cake and the bachelor and I could eat it too. My hamster died at the age of 6 and my family and I are still recovering from the blow, and it would mean so much to us to have the hole filled. I can’t express in words how much this means, thank you to all my fans who voted for me. Now don’t vote for me, please find it in your hearts to vote for Mr. Tibbles.

You know the drill, decide which bachelorette fits the bill.