York’s most eligible bachelor: The Final

There can only be one winner

Here we go. It’s finally time to crown York’s most eligible bachelor. The competition has been a tough, arduous process with twists and turns at every stage. No one could have predicted it would have turned out like this, we still have no idea who’s going to win. For the final time, have a look at the following singletons and decide which one is most deserving of your vote.

Theo, 1st Year Economics, Derwent

Theo has sailed through to the final round, winning both his heat and semi-final. The aspiring Blackbox DJ from Kent bags plenty up front for Derwent AFC’s third team, but now wants to turn his scoring ability to acquiring a long-term relationship.

Theo thanked his Derwent B Block friends for supporting him throughout the competition, who allegedly posted his semi-final in a ‘Facebook clothing group’ asking people to vote for him, seeing his votes soar by hundreds in a very short space of time. Whether this is fair or not is by the by, we don’t make the rules.

Joe Gent, 2nd Year Law, Langwith

As a Cornish whiskey and brandy enthusiast and future lawyer, Joe Gent is the University of York’s shining example of nominative determinism. Joe said that before the bachelor competition he thought “£27,000 was going to be wasted before on university fees, but if I win it will have been worth every penny coming here.”

Ryan Hill, 3rd Year Accounting, Business Finance and Management, James

Surrey lad Ryan believes that after the recent Trump and Brexit votes, it’s time for people to make the right decision by voting him York’s most eligible bachelor. As an entrepreneur with his own student property business, The Student Agency, Ryan is able to fund his Jack Wills habit and also make a joke about locks, hearts and keys.

James de la Hunty, 1st Year Economics, Derwent

The second member of Derwent football to make it through to the final (I don’t know how one club can have so many good guys in it) who has taken to Salvo’s top floor like a YUSU sabb to posting incessantly on Facebook.

James considers getting this far in the competition “probably my greatest achievement ever”, and his friends say that he leaves girls more breathless than Derwent’s asbestos ever could.

For the last time, vote to finally crown one of these fine, young gentlemen York’s most eligible bachelor.