York’s most eligible bachelor: Semi-Final One

Hot damn, I wouldn’t mind staring at one of these chaps in Harry Fairhurst instead of writing this essay

Here we are. The first semi-final of York’s most eligible bachelor 2017. Feeling excited? Good. One of the following strapping young males could be the winner. As always, it’s your votes that count, vote in the poll below to select the two gentlemen who will have the honour of making it through to the final.

Theo, 1st Year Economics, Derwent

When not modelling for Jack Wolfskin, Theo enjoys his position as not only ‘Brand Ambassador’ for Regain Extra Strength for Men, but also up front for Derwent AFC’s third team. Theo told The Tab:

Getting into the semi-finals has come as a surprise, a special thanks must go to my Derwent B Block friends who have got me here. What would it mean to win? The thought of winning such a prestigous award makes me feel emotional. Ever since I first stepped foot in York it has been the focus of my attention.

Joe Stanley, 2nd Year Economics, Halifax

‘Jawline Joe,’ known as the guy you want to take home to your mum, told us exactly what it meant to have advanced to the next stage of the competition:

When I saw Samuel Temperton in my heat , I thought ; well clearly no one else here has a chance . If his ego had translated into votes it would have been a one horse race . So a nice surprise to win the heat to be honest. I would like to thank my styclets in Ingram E , Halifax who chose to enter me in the process and the fans who voted worldwide . It would be an honour to win this for them and gain this prestigious title.

Joe Gent, 2nd Year Law, Langwith

Joe Gent stormed his heat, the Cornish whisky and brandy enthusiast and future lawyer providing a refined aesthetic that obviously went down very well. Speaking to The Tab, Joe had this to say:

Thank you very much! It feels great to have made it this far against such competition, and to have so many people voting for me- it seems the people of York are even more quality than the finest suit I own. To actually win, that would feel fantastic, I thought £27,000 was going to be wasted before on university fees, but if I win it will have been worth every penny coming here.

Sammy Tempo, 3rd Year Economics, Derwent

York’s self-proclaimed answer to Kim Kardashian’s social media presence but with “wit so sharp it could cut glass”, Tempo flaunted his abilities as a chauffeur, owning his very own Ford Fiesta don’t you know, persuading the people to vote for him:

I’m honestly shocked. It’s strange to think that a regular guy from Essex could even be nominated for such a prestigious award. Add that to the fact that it’s the first semi I’ve achieved in years, I couldn’t be happier. I’m on cloud nine.