York’s most eligible bachelor: Heat One

No one wants to die alone

Here are the first batch of batchelors vying for your votes. In the first of four heats, the two who get the most votes (via the poll at the bottom of the article) will go through to the next round and one step closer to being crowned York’s most eligible bachelor 2017. What a time to be alive!

So without further ado…

Ben Froughi, Third Year, ABFM

Ben Froughi, third year Gender Studi- sorry, Accounting, Business Finance and Management student. Best known for trying to get people’s attention via controversial Facebook posts and known to post a status when it’s your birthday challenging you to a debate. Leader of the infamous consent talk debacle, President of Constantine College Football Club and tabloid darling, you definitely won’t be short of conversation topics on your date. Somebody please, just give the poor guy a hug.

Ryan Hill, Third Year, ABFM

Ryan Hill, third year Accounting, Business Finance and Management student. If it’s not that Surrey charm (yes, he dresses diligently in Jack Wills), nor the allure of an accomplished entrepreneur, boasting countless nominations for his efforts regarding his own student property business, The Student Agency, that’ll make you swoon…then it’s Ryan’s 6’3″ of unwavering chivalry. A genuinely lovely lad, and modern day knight in *ironed* Jack Wills.

Joe Napier, First Year, English and Related Literature

Joe certainly didn’t win that trophy in the most symmetrical eyebrows competition.

Joe Napier, first year English and Related Literature student. A slim, white, James Earl Jones, Joe’s a humble, caring and measured lad. His strong opinions on William Shakespeare seeking the ears of a Juliet to his Romeo (just minus the fuckboy debauchery and joint suicide… Hell, I don’t know what I’m talking about, though I bet Joe does).

Joe’s a well referenced published journal on the streets, but an unregulated comments section in the sheets.

James de la Hunty, First Year, Economics

James de La Hunty, first year Economics. Hailing from St. Albans, this home county boy’s eligibility was never questioned; a universal birth right, one might say. Whilst alarms may not wake him, at the faint whisper of “Kuda?”, James has been seen to rise from the ashes that is Derwent, leaving girls more breathless than the asbestos ever could. Also an avid footballer, James ends his football matches just like he ends his sessions; passed out on the floor, bruised and covered in brown stains. As a result of hard work and dedication to Economics, it has been confirmed that De La Hunty can now count. To ten.

This young gentleman is looking for a young (not a vital attribute) woman (also not vital) to go on short walks and to listen to classical music with. Mozart and chill. Maybe even teach him how to count to 69.