Ready to start your student journalism career? Write for The Warwick Tab!

Get your stories published online and gain BNOC status too

Are you a student interested in breaking campus news? Controversial scandals and hot topics that everyone talks about? Hilarious guides to Warwick life and serious discussions about our university?

If so, you’re in luck. Here is your chance to write for an amazing team at The Warwick Tab, where your stories will be published online and get thousands of reads.

The Warwick Tab is a news site written by Warwick students, for Warwick students. There is no need for any past journalism experience – all you need is a story idea and a little bit of creativity. Anyone can get involved and write as little or as much as they want.

If you’re interested in writing for us, make sure to attend our first open meeting of the year on Wednesday the 5th of October at 2pm in the Lord Bhattacharyya Building Starbucks. You’ll find us with our brilliant white Tab T-Shirts and you’ll have the chance to meet our team of writers and editors.

Also, send us a DM at TheWarwickTab on Instagram if you’re interested. Make sure to follow us too, where you’ll keep updated with brand new articles and excellent on-brand memes curated by The Warwick Tab’s very own social media editor, Lia Mistry.

What is the The Tab?

The Tab is a student news site with more than six million monthly readers. The Tab is a national news site and is also spread across 30 different universities.

Writers for The Warwick Tab will get their articles shared on our Instagram and Facebook pages, with chances to also be shared on the national pages.

The Warwick Tab writes about breaking news stories on campus and topics that students actually care about. Last year, we covered stories such as Former Warwick Uni student on trial for leading Neo-Nazi group and Warwick mental health services named ‘unfit’ over student loneliness concerns.

The Warwick Tab also writes many fun features as well as news pieces. Last year, we also wrote fun articles like I visited TikTok’s favourite chip shop: Binley Mega Chippy and hosted a huge BNOC competition that brought in thousands of votes.

This means there will always be something you can write about – whether it’s a bit of fun or something more serious.

Why should I write for The Tab?

The Warwick Tab is a great place to start getting journalism experience. Even if you don’t want to go into a journalism career, it looks great on your CV. The Tab alumni have gone on to write for global publications, including the BBC, Vogue and The Times. No previous experience is needed as you will be given training by the editors and also work alongside our assistant editor from HQ – a real professional journalist.

The Warwick Tab is also a great way to meet people from all different years and courses – we aim to host multiple fun social throughout the year.

How can I get involved?

Come to our open meeting on Wednesday the 5th of October at 2pm in the Lord Bhattacharyya Building Starbucks. Here, you can have a chat with the editorial team and other writers and find out more about The Warwick Tab. Remember to also send us a DM on Instagram so that we get to know you and even add you into our Tab Writers group chat.