Warwick Uni ranks ninth in national university league table

We’re coming for you Oxbridge

The University of Warwick has been ranked at ninth place nationally by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023.

Since the Guide was first published in 1992, Warwick University has been included in the top 10.

The rankings published were reflective of the percentages of Firsts/2:1s scored, the university’s completion rate, teaching quality, student experience, research quality and graduate prospects.

According to the ranking, the University of Warwick had a 95.6 per cent completion rate with 88 per cent of students scoring either a First or a 2:1. Additionally, Warwick earned 10th place nationally for the most graduate prospects and 25th for student experience.

A number of departments also ranked very highly for their subject areas. The department of Creative writing, Business, management and marketing and Economics all came 1st nationally. Liberal Arts and Politics also scored 2nd place, with 21 out of 29 subjects making their way into the UK Top 10 overall.

Professor Stuart Croft, the Vice-Chancellor and President of the University of Warwick said: “These rankings again underline the high quality of the student experience at Warwick. We have world class teachers, cutting-edge facilities and a highly motivated and ambitious student community. Those elements combine to create a thriving environment to learn and grow within.

“I’m very proud of what we have achieved together over the last 12 months. Being named as one of the UK’s Top 10 universities is again testament to everyone’s dedication, commitment and passion for delivering an outstanding education to our students.”