A definitive ranking of the best brunches in Leamington Spa

Anyone for bottomless brunch?

Whether you’re looking for a big full English, a bottomless boozy brunch (my personal fave) or simply toast and jam, Leamington is where it’s at for brunches. We have it all!

But there are so many options… so how could you possibly know where is best? Well, luckily, we have provided this not so official guide on where best to spend your hard-earned dosh (otherwise known as your student loan).

1. Las Iguanas’ Bottomless Brunch- 9/10

I don’t know about you but I am a bit in love with this place. Whilst it may be a bit pricy, it is definitely worth it for all those cocktail lovers out there.

The deal is: you get to choose a starter and a main from their brunch menu and get to indulge in bottomless Prosecco or draught beer for 90 minutes from the time you are seated. Warning: you’ll most likely be unable to walk properly for a solid half hour after.

From Sunday to Wednesday, you can add bottomless cocktails for free- which, not only is incredible value for money but also creates the game of how many cocktails can you drink to get your money’s worth.

If you haven’t had bottomless brunch before, you can now understand why all your friends are stumbling out of Las Iguanas at 11:30 in the morning.

I won’t tell you how many cocktails we’d had at this point…

2. Bill’s Restaurant for Brunch- 8/10

Bill’s has a homely, comfortable vibe to it with inventive menu offerings which are full of flavour and healthy to boot. Brunch plates include the ‘Bill’s Brunch’ which is essentially everything you would want on a full English. Good service, good food.

This is also a good one for the veggies. There are three vegetarian options including ‘Bill’s Garden Plate’, which features two poached free range eggs, halloumi, roasted plum tomato, charred red peppers, smashed avocado, hollandaise, mushrooms, potato rösti, baked beans, pea shoots, mixed seeds & toast. Never before has a veggie brunch plate had so many options!

Overall, a great brunching experience.

Okay but how good to these look on @warwickshiregrub?!

3. The Steamhouse- 8/10

Located right in the heart of the town, the Steamhouse is just off the parade and offers quality vibes. Its humble and quaint atmosphere and excellent coffee makes it a perfect brunch destination.

The main attraction are the bagels, freshly baked in store in a variety of flavours with loads of tasty fillings (excellent veggie and vegan options too!) But perhaps the lesser known star of the show are their doughnuts. If you want a doughnut that will BLOW YOUR MIND, Steamhouse is the place to go.

Our only reservation is the price. Over £10 for a bagel, doughnut and coffee? Best start saving some of that student loan.

Start saving now, these bagels are worth it

4. Corleone Caffe- 7/10

Individual, quirky, great! If you want to get away from the run of the mill, coffee in a bucket and packet muffins type of coffee shop, then Corleone’s is the place for you.

Whilst it may not be everyone’s cup of tea, we defy you to resist at least one canoli (sweet pastry tubes filled with something gorgeous) along with your cup of proper coffee, served the way coffee should be. The atmosphere is vibrant and electric and the rustic Italian décor is a talking point in itself.

5. Urban Fox- 7/10

The Urban Fox offers a delicious brunch which is also very veggie-friendly. Whether you want a typical full English breakfast or something on the smaller side like pancakes (which are vegan btw), the Urban Fox is a decent brunch spot located in South Leam.

The servers are friendly and attentive though being on Tachbrook Road, it is a little out of the way for some. But overall, good service and quality food, especially compared to most pubs!

A classic quality brunch

6. Procaffeinate- 6/10

Dispelling the South Leam stereotype, Procaffeinate has such cute vibes. The place receives a 10/10 for its aesthetic – the cute little interior, the chic courtyard, the greenery, and the view of the canal.

Sadly, this place is a tad overrated as the food quality doesn’t quite match the aesthetic vibes. The menu is a quite limited and it lacks some of the typical brunch favourites. Saying this, they have a decent drinks menu so perhaps not the perfect brunch spot, but a brilliant place to chill out with a coffee in the afternoon.

See how cute the decor is?!

7. Cafe Royal- 6/10

For all of us who’s bank accounts have taken a bit of a battering lately, Cafe Royal is here to offer you big portions for cheap prices. What more can we ask for really?

Some may criticise it for lacking choice for customers looking for healthy options e.g. juices, cereals, yoghurts etc. But hey, how many of us stick to those healthy diets anyway?

See, we weren’t lying about the portion sizes! From @caferoyallspa‘s Instagram

8. Spa Town Coffee- 4/10

From the outside, Spa Town Cafe appears to be your typical white-top clean indie cafe. And, it pretty much is.

Apparently rated Warwickshire’s No.1 coffee shop, this may be a go-to for coffee connoisseurs but is probably not the place for brunch-hungry students as the food selection is average at best. Definitely more of a boujee pastry and coffee location.

Okay these look delish! From @spatowncoffee‘s Instagram

You’ve heard from us, but where is your favourite brunch place in Leam?