Coventry to move up to tier two restrictions from Friday

Warwick University recorded 103 active cases on campus as of Monday

Coventry City Council have confirmed the city will be moving to tier two restrictions. The move is expected to come into effect from midnight this Friday (23rd October).

The city’s ranking will be changed from “medium risk” to “high risk” following a rise in the number of cases across households and communities.

The city joins other regions in the West Midlands already in tier two, including Birmingham, Solihull and Wolverhampton.

The new regulations will mean a ban on households mixing indoors – including in homes, pubs and restaurants. Exemptions apply for circumstances such as childcare and support bubbles.

Households will still be able to mix outside, including in parks and private gardens, as long as they abide by the rule of six.

Cases in Coventry can be seen to spike, for the full data click here

The infection rate per 100,000 in Coventry is 1125.4, according to latest data on the Government Coronavirus data.

University of Warwick has reported 181 active cases within the University community as of Monday (19th October). On campus, there are 103 active cases, all within the student population.

For the full data on Warwick’s Covid-19 data, click here.