Image may contain: Shop, Downtown, City, Town, Urban, People, Architecture, Building, Human, Person

Warwick ranked as a top 10 UK university in two league tables in the last week

The university is also placed 77th in the world, in a ranking consisting of over 1500 universities

University of Warwick has placed within the top 10 universities in the UK twice within the last week. Both The Guardian and The Times listed Warwick university within the top 10, beating several other Russell Group universities.

The Guardian 2021 annual league table, released Saturday (5 September), has ranked Warwick 8th best UK university, up a place from the previous year.

With a score of 77.1 out of 100, Warwick ranked 8 places higher than Exeter. The university also beat Imperial College, University of Edinburgh and UCL.

The top ten universities in The Guardian’s rankings were:
1. University of Oxford
2. University of St. Andrews
3. University of Cambridge
4. University of Durham
5. London School of Economics
6. University of Bath
7. University of Loughborough
8. University of Warwick
9. Imperial College London
10. University of Lancaster
For the full league table click here.

The Guardian UK rankings also listed Warwick as a top 10 university for 13 different subjects. Highlights include placing 3rd best for Media and Film Studies, 4th highest for Business, Management and Marketing and 5th for Engineering.

Also ranking highly were Economics, Philosophy, Physics and Politics, all listing Warwick as 6th best in the UK.

Earlier last week (2 September), the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 ranked Warwick 77th, placing the university in the top 100 in the world and 9th within the UK.

University of Exeter placed 15 places behind Warwick in the UK. Also ranked below Warwick were Durham, York and Birmingham.

The top ten UK universities listed in The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 are as follows:
1. University of Oxford
6. University of Cambridge
11. Imperial College London
16. UCL
27. London School of Economics
30. University of Edinburgh
35. King’s College London
51. University of Manchester
77. University of Warwick
91. University of Bristol
For the full league table click here.