Image may contain: Shop, Downtown, City, Town, Urban, People, Architecture, Building, Human, Person

Warwick University cancels all classes and exams due to COVID-19

Exams will be replaced with ‘alternate assessments’

The University of Warwick has cancelled all face-to-face classes and exams due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

In an email sent to Sociology students by the head of department and seen by The Warwick Tab, the cohort was told the “small number of face-to-face sessions” still scheduled would be cancelled “with immediate effect.”

The email also reveals summer exams will be cancelled and replaced with “alternate assessments,” which the department is “in the process” of creating.

Image may contain: Architecture, Building, Pergola, Door, Patio, Porch, Human, Person

The full email reads: “These are unsettling times and I recognise that you will have a number of questions and concerns given the escalating situation with COVID-19.

“Although the main teaching term has ended, a small number of face-to-face sessions remain timetabled.

“In line with the wider HE sector, please note that the Vice-Chancellor has decided that that all face-to-face teaching will be cancelled with immediate effect and either delivered online or postponed to a later date.

“The University has cancelled examinations in the summer period and these will be replaced with alternate assessments. We are in the process of devising alternate assessments and this information will be communicated to you as soon as possible.

“Academic staff and administrative staff in Sociology will be working from home over the next few weeks. Therefore, if you would like to get in touch with an academic member of staff, please email their Warwick email address.

“If you are carrying out qualitative research for a dissertation (UG or PG) which involves interviewing individuals or groups, please get in touch with your supervisor to discuss any potential health risks.

“Please email [email protected] for Undergraduate Programme related enquiries and [email protected] for Postgraduate Taught Programme related enquiries.

“If you are feeling undue stress in relation to the Coronavirus please seek advice from your personal tutor or Wellbeing Support Services at [email protected]  or the Students’ Union Advice Centre

“In the meantime please can I ask that you familiarise yourself with the university’s Coronavirus webpages where you will find FAQs for students.”