Watch: The moment a fire broke out in Sherbourne last night

Students are claiming a ceiling was ‘burnt down’ in the blaze


According to reports, a fire broke out in Sherbourne residences last night at around 9pm.

The blaze took place in the accommodation's top floor kitchen in block five.

Residents were evacuated to Lakeside and its surrounding blocks.

One student alleged that the ceiling "burnt down" as a result of the fire.

According to reports, the fire was put out one hour later, at 10PM.

A spokesperson for the University said: "We are aware of a small, isolated fire last night in Sherbourne that was extinguished by attending fire services.

All present were safely evacuated and no one was harmed."

Please DM our instagram with any info/tips relating to this incident.