Image may contain: Footwear, Shoe, Face, Man, Couch, Chair, Furniture, Clothing, Apparel, Sitting, Person, Human

Where is the best place to sit in Warwick library? An investigation

You can’t argue with science

Library

Attention all freshers! Like it or not, you're going to be spending a lot of time in the library over the next three years. Between essay deadlines and exams, there's no avoiding it.

Luckily when it comes to selecting your favourite seat, The Tab have done all the hard work for you. Here's a guide to all the best places to sit in Warwick Library:

Round Tables, First Floor:

At first glance, this table has everything: comfy red chairs, plug sockets and most importantly, a prime location on the first floor. This means that you can actually talk to your mates without risking glares from angry students with imminent deadlines. Even better, the table itself is only a short walk from the lift, stairs, and toilets. So if you suddenly remember that you need to pick up a book (or take a nervous mid-essay dump) you're in the perfect place.

But there is a downside: The round tables don't exactly leave a lot of elbow room. The First Floor is probably one of the busiest areas in the Library and seats tend to get taken in almost no time at all. So if you're like me and need a bit of privacy to work, this probably isn't the seat for you.

Image may contain: Electronics, Screen, Desk, Sitting, Table, Indoors, Furniture, Human, Person

The height of productivity

Reading Lounge, First Floor:

This one is a personal favourite of ours. For those of you who don't know, the reading lounge is a cozy little spot tucked away to the left of the first floor entrance. It has a wide range of seating areas, from little desks to long tables. So it's the ideal place to go if you have to work on a group assignment.

Or if you're looking to take a quick break, it's also a pretty comfy place to unwind. Just close that JSTOR tab, shut your laptop, kick back and relax…

Image may contain: Electronics, Human, Person, Tabletop, Desk, Table, Furniture

It's been a long day.

The Library Cafe:

The Library isn't just a place for studying! If you head to the ground floor, you will find the library cafe. NOTE: it's always packed, so prepare yourself and get there early.

The tables are nice, the chairs are comfy, and the food isn't too shabby! If you want a nice place to lunch (or brunch) with friends, this is the spot for you.

Image may contain: Shop, Bakery, Food Court, Food, Cafeteria, Cafe, Person, Human, Restaurant

You can't beat brunch.

The High Chairs in the Assistive Technology area on the First Floor:

Nope, nope, and NOPE. There's nowhere to charge your phone or laptop. The seats are pretty tall so you'll inevitably be left swinging your feet… not ideal when you've got essays to write!

Trust us, this ain't it.

Image may contain: Wood, Plywood, Chair, Furniture

Don't end up here.

Quiet Study Desks, Third Floor:

When the time comes for you to knuckle down and get on with some serious work, it's time to ascend to the third floor. Take a seat at one of the Quiet Study desks and get on with it. You won't find a better location in the Library for it. In fact, it's almost too good for studying.

You might brave it out for ten minutes or so, but then you'll inevitably crawl back to the lower floors. No shame in it, we're all human.

Image may contain: Desk, Table, Furniture, Office, Indoors, Person, Human

Serious candidate? I don't know her.

Main Seating Area on the Second Floor:

If you've been at Warwick for more than five minutes, you've probably made it to the second floor of the library. It's probably the best balance between a social space and an area to work. But, be warned! It's a popular space and your biggest hurdle when trying to bag a decent seat is just how absurdly P A C K E D it can be. If you can get there early enough and park yourself at a desk with a socket, you'll be sorted.

Image may contain: Paper, Person, Human, Text, Newspaper

This looks interesting.

A Random Stool on the Fifth Floor:

No. Just, no.

Image may contain: Scarf, Clothing, Apparel, Man, Human, Person, Face

I've made a terrible mistake.

The Quiet Study Desks on the Fifth Floor:

If you thought the quiet study desks on the third floor were quiet, then you're in for a shock when you hit the fifth floor. It's a different world, filled with serious candidates and post-grads *shiver*

As soon as you park your bum on one of those slightly-too-small chairs, you'll feel a sudden urge to crack open a text book and weep over the state of your dissertation. It's certainly not chill. But, when it comes time to knuckle down, it serves its purpose.

Image may contain: Chair, Electronics, Computer, Tabletop, Desk, Table, Furniture

How did this happen?

So, "where is the best place to sit in the Warwick library?" I hear you cry. And honestly, it depends on what you're looking for. Do you want a place to chat to your mates whilst ignoring your deadlines, or are you a serious candidate? Hopefully this article has helped you to figure it out.

And if it hasn't? Well, I suppose you could always just go yourself*.

*You might ignore them, but we all know you have deadlines looming.