Image may contain: Party, Night Life, Night Club, Club, Accessories, Sunglasses, Accessory, Person, Human

Leamington Assembly is closing down!!

The news came in just this afternoon

The Leamington Assembly just announced on their Instagram and Facebook page that the club would be closing down – effective immediately. As a result, the Zephyr Lounge will also be closing its doors.

In a statement, the club said: "It is with deep regret that The MJR Group has made the decision to close The Assembly in Leamington Spa with immediate effect.

"The last three years have been a memorable experience and we have brought some of the most exciting and legendary artists, bands and DJs to the beautiful Grade 2 listed building. While in Leamington Spa, we became a welcome part of the town, developing strong relationships with local businesses, the authorities and the general public. We want to thank everyone that came to The Assembly to enjoy our shows, club nights, entertainment and concerts and everyone that supported us in the business community.

"Even after a record-breaking quarter one and quarter two this year, the current level of rent and rates on the property, alongside the repairs and upkeep that are needed to maintain a Grade 2 listed building, unfortunately make the business unviable and unsustainable. These issue are impacting the venue community at large and we have felt these challenges the most in Leamington Spa.

Image may contain: Denim, Jeans, Shorts, Night Club, Night Life, Party, Club, Apparel, Pants, Clothing, Skin, Sunglasses, Accessory, Accessories, Person, Human

It continued: "We will now have renewed focus on our high performing venues, Tramshed and The Globe in Cardiff and The Mill and Digbeth Arena in Birmingham. We also have new multi-use event spaces projects in development with projected launches this year and 2020.

"The Assembly was a truly unique and historic building, which we will miss greatly. We look forward to bringing our next concepts to the industry and general public over the coming months.

"All upcoming shows in The Assembly diary will either be rehoused or cancelled, and full refunds processed. For further information please email [email protected].

"The MJR Group."

One student, Darcey, said the following in response to the decision: "I personally never liked The Assembly because I felt like it had no atmosphere whatsoever. There was something about the layout that I just didn't like at all. I'm not going to miss it."

Another student, Josh, said: "Even if the drinks were horribly expensive, I've had some amazing nights there. The fact that the best night in Leam is now Smack Tuesday is a horror that I don't know whether I can come back from."