Image may contain: Urban, Office Building, Convention Center, Human, Person, Architecture, Building

Warwick falls three places in new university league tables

It has now dropped five places since 2016

The Complete University Guide has released their league table for 2020, and Warwick has notably fallen down to 12th place, having dropped five places since 2016

This is the first time the Guide has ranked Warwick outside of the top ten.

The Guide ranks universities based on student satisfaction, research quality, graduate prospects and the student-staff ratio, amongst other factors.

Cambridge, Oxford and St. Andrews bagged the top three spots. With Warwick now placed below universities such as Exeter, University College London and Bath.

In regards to student satisfaction, however, at 4.05/5 Warwick is placed above UCL, Durham, Imperial and LSE, despite them all being above Warwick in the overall rankings, with LSE having only 3.67/5.

When rankings for graduate prospects are concerned, Warwick has climbed from 80.6/100 to 83.22, though this is far behind the likes of Imperial College or Lancaster.

However, it not all doom and gloom. Warwick has been ranked third for Accounting and Finance and Economics nationally and fifth for Politics and Computer Science.

Considering Warwick University opened in 1956, 869 years later than Oxford and 747 years later than Cambridge, I wouldn't say we were doing all that badly.