Image may contain: Team, Person, People, Human

Could you save a six-year-old boy from leukaemia? A stem cell donation clinic is on campus today

Warwick Marrow will be based at the SU atrium, Oculus foyer and Maths & Stats building all day

Warwick Marrow, a student charity, are currently working to find stem cell donors for six-year-old Marley, and forty-one year old mother, Meena.

Warwick Marrow work to find stem cell matches with people living with blood cancers such as leukaemia. A transplant from a healthy donor is often the last chance for a patients survival.

Image may contain: Smile, Portrait, Face, Tie, Accessories, Person, People, Human

Six-year-old Marley was diagnosed with life-threatening aplastic anaemia and is seeking a stem cell match. His family are desperately appealing for people to join the stem cell donor register, as this is Marley’s only hope of a cure.

Meena, a mother to twins, was diagnosed with leukaemia at the start of this year. Her chance of survival depends upon a stem cell transplant from a healthy donor.

Meena’s British-Indian background means her search for a match is even more difficult. Her chances of finding a healthy donor is 49 per cent less likely. The register is desperately in need of more donors from ethnic minority backgrounds.

Image may contain: Smile, Portrait, Face, Person, People, Human

Although these two individuals have their own unique stories, they are brought together by a desperate need to find their stem cell donor match. Their families are urging for people to join the stem cell register.

To help, all you need to do is provide a cheek swab and sign up. Warwick Marrow will be based in the SU atrium, Oculus foyer and Maths & Stats building from 10am-6pm today.