Four of the Warwick group chat boys have had their suspensions from university lifted

One of the suspensions was lifted last week

Hide Images

Four of the boys in the group chat where rape jokes and threats were made against female Warwick students have had their suspensions from the university lifted.

This information was communicated to The Tab by the boys themselves. We are currently working to confirm this with the university.

One of the boys says his precautionary suspension was lifted last week on May 3rd.

Another boy says his suspension has been lifted "after discussion with the university".

Two more boys simply said their: "suspension from the university is being lifted".

11 students were originally suspended after rape threats were made against female students in a group chat.

Messages sent include: "Sometimes it's fun to just go wild and rape 100 girls" and "she looks like a rape victim".

We reached out to all eleven students in the group chat, and we are currently working to confirm whether any of the other seven boys in the group chat claim to have also had their suspensions lifted.

For legal reasons, we cannot confirm the names of the boys who are no longer suspended.

Warwick University declined to comment.

If you have any further information about this story you can contact us confidentially by either emailing [email protected] or send a WhatsApp to: +447715750931.

Get breaking Warwick news straight to your WhatsApp by clicking here.