Image may contain: Urban, Town Square, Town, Plaza, Downtown, City, Building, Architecture

Warwick slips down the World University rankings

It’s the first time Warwick has dropped since 2012

The University of Warwick has been ranked as number 91st in The Times 2017- 2018 Higher Education World University Rankings. This is the first time since 2012 that Warwick has declined in its rankings.

The Times assesses universities based on a number of different variants, including teaching, research, citations, international outcome and industry income. Furthermore, the Times looks at statistical data such as, student: staff and male: female rations when ranking universities.

Warwick has seen a massive decline in student: staff ratios this year with a dip from 14 students: 6 staff members to 13:0. This decline has surely made an impact on Warwick's standing in the league table. Meanwhile, Warwick continues to have a near fifty-fifty balance when it comes to the gender of students with gender ratios standing at 48 women: 52 men.

Warwick was not the only university to fall in the rankings this year however, with Harvard University, USA falling from position one to six.

First place was awarded to Oxford University, with Cambridge University following a close second. This is the first time in fourteen years that an American university has failed to take first or second place.

Despite Warwick's fall in the league tables, the student body are determined not to let this get them down, with a third year Politics and International Studies student commenting that '"while this is disappointing, it's nothing we can't turn around."