Plans for new Cryfields Village residences in 2019

The work will start in Autumn 2017

The University of Warwick is proposing to start development work in the autumn of 2017, for a “new and rather different” set of student residences, at Cryfield Village, which will replace the current Redfern accommodation.

It is proposed that the new residences will be a small village on campus, comprising a series of townhouse-style, apartments and studios with a hub in the centre.

The new residences will offer townhouse-style accommodation with six to 12 beds, and over 700 rooms.

When complete, the new residences will offer more accommodation than the buildings they replace. It is thought that this will help to address the growing demand for on-campus accommodation, and to support the University’s longer-term growth.

This is the latest development on campus, with Vice-Chancellor Stuart Croft proposing to open “one new academic building a year from now until at least 2023”.

He added: “We need new student accommodation; a new sports centre; a redeveloped Arts Centre. In order to do this and to keep Warwick as one of the world’s leading universities, we need to do this together, involving the whole community.”