Oil, naked boys and dollar bills: What went down at the rugby auction

Gutted if you missed it

The Warwick Rugby Auctions became an eagerly talked about event in the Warwick bubble. Although the boys haven’t totalled the final count yet, it’s looking like they’re raised around £500 for their tour to Grimsby in the Easter hols.

So for those of you who couldn’t make it, don’t worry, we’ve got the best bits covered.

There were a lot of people

We arrived and were greeted by an empty room which made us think we might have ended up at the wrong event. However, the semi-clad men, dim lighting and cheesy tunes you thought you would only ever find at POP! proved otherwise.

After getting our drinks and sitting down, the room started to fill out whilst the rugby boys nervously wandered around knocking back a few drinks for a confidence boost. Then, after noticing that the exec looked like JP from Made in Chelsea, the auctions finally commenced.

The two French frogs

The first boys of the night were two French freshers who leapt around like frogs and introduced some rather strange dancing before stripping completely and lying stark naked on the floor.

One of their friends said: “I’ll never be able to look at him the same way again”.

The pair were sold for £25. The buyer told the audience she was going to make them dress as French maids and wash all of her dishes.

Rihanna’s ‘Rude Boys’

The next three boys started with the Hakka and then broke out into a strip tease to Rihanna’s ‘Rude Boy’, which sums up the whole performance in a nutshell really.

Although they might not have had Rihanna’s signature strip tease and slut drop perfected just yet, the audience cheered them on whilst chanting for them to take their shirts off. Eventually they were sold off for £30.

Lady Marmalade

After a mini interlude, we had our first double-act of second years to show the freshers how it’s really done.

Lady Marmalade, the old school classic, blasted through the speakers which immediately caught most of the girls’ attention in the room as they began singing along.

The two boys walked on, and soon enough there seemed to be a trend amongst these performances. Another string of  slut drops and strip teases were achieved in this performance, followed by the two boys throwing their clothes into the crowd.

It didn’t stop there. The boys, determined to do the song proud, started grinded on each other, which suddenly felt as if we were transported into Smack on a Thursday night. Well done boys.

Oil was spread

The next few performances consisted of three oiled boys consistently slapping one other oiled boy, and it looked incredible painful.

But the exec soon took this into their own hands, making the audience bid higher for more clothes to come off. One pair was sold for £30 and the other for £40.

Boxers were lost

Four freshers entered the stage, re-kindling the schoolgirl love for One Direction with a lip sync of What Makes You Beautiful.

Unfortunately, the dabbing trend made a comeback in this one, but there was a boy running around on stage stark naked trying to find his underwear which caught everyone’s attention.

Leaving the spotlight to the four freshers for a while, he soon returned to steal the fame once again – still searching for his boxers.

So in the end if you missed it, you missed out. A big congrats to all the lads taking part, you did well and the audience certainly loved it.