Tonight’s University Challenge will feature Warwick Quiz Society

It’s the second round match

Members of the Warwick University Quiz Society will be on tonight’s episode of University Challenge against the University of East London.

The four team members representing Warwick are: Second year History and French student Sophie Hobbs, Computer Science Masters graduate Sophie Rudd, WBS Masters student, Giles Hutchings, and History graduate Thomas Van. There is also Jamie, the team substitute, who is a second year History and French student.

Giles Hutchings, who is also the Team Captain, said: “We’re definitely very pleased and proud of ourselves, and we were lucky not to come across a very strong team. The second round is obviously going to be tougher, but we’ve done enough practice and are ready to face whatever is coming our way.”

Emily Wolfenden, the Competitions Convenor of the Quiz Society added: “We’re all really proud of them – it’s difficult to even get to the point of appearing on the show, so second round is excellent.

“As well as having fantastic general knowledge, they’re also pretty great people. I think it showed in how they acted around each other on the last episode – they’re friends and they definitely enjoy what they do and gel really well as a team.”

University Challenge airs tonight on BBC 2, at 8pm. It will also be screened on the big screen on the Piazza tonight.