Warwick PAIS student victim of attempted mugging in Canley

They suffered minor injuries

A Warwick student was the victim of an attempted mugging last Friday and has suffered minor injuries as a result.

The victim was approached by a group of teenagers on bikes in the park, where they attempted to pickpocket the PAIS student, leading to a physical struggle between the parties.

Professor Nick Vaughan-Williams, Head of the PAIS Department sent out an email stating: “The student has been supported by the personal tutor team in PAIS and the University’s Student Support Services.

“As many of our staff and students either live in or travel through the Canley area, I would urge everyone to be vigilant and where possible avoid walking alone after dark.”

SU Welfare Officer, Chloe Wynne, said that campus security is aware of these incidents, and that the SU are working with them at the moment due to the recent increase in these crimes.

She added: “Travel in groups where possible, and make sure you have the campus security or local police number saved as an easy-to-reach contact should you need it.”