Donald Trump has allegedly threatened to sue Kasbah

All because of a poster

Kasbah has supposedly had a very stern warning letter come through the post from The Trump Organization. The nightclub has claimed to be caught in a legal spat over a poster for a Halloween night, which depicts Donald Trump as Joker.

It was a few weeks ago that Kasbah was in hot water for giving out condoms that weren’t intended for use at a Freshers’ event. Their twitter account tweeted “First and now this. Couldn’t make this shit up!”

In a thread of tweets, the account has posted the original picture that they used in their poster and the letter, which they received.

Apparently Alan Garter, the Executive Vice President and General Counsel of the The Trump Organization, wrote: “Mr Trump’s image is internationally known, and famous as a result of Mr Trump’s long, extensive and high profile business and entertainment related activities.”

“Mr Trump is the owner of the Trump image, a trademark as well as hundreds of additional trademarks that incorporate the Trump name and image, all of which we scrupulously protect.”

He continued: “With this background in mind, it has come to our attention that your use of Mr Trump’s image is a deliberate attempt to stimulate interest in your events using the trademark image, without any authorisation from Mr Trump or his associated offices.”

“In short, Mr Trump considers this to be a very serious matter and has authorised our legal team to make all necessary and appropriate actions to bring an immediate halt to your blatant and unauthorized of his trademark image. In the interest of avoiding what will certainly be a costly litigation process for you, we are prepared to offer you the one time opportunity to rectify this matter by providing us with your prompt written assurances to be received no later than October 20th, 2016.”

Kasbah now has to “immediately cease all uses of Mr Trump’s trademark” and agree not to use his name or image in their commercial activities at any point in the future.

Garter ended the letter by stating: “If we do not receive these assurances by the aforesaid date, then we will pursue all remedies available to us at law or in equity against you.”

The spokesman for Kasbah said: “We’d like to thank the Trump Organisation for making our event go viral and have absolutely no intention of taking our poster down #teamhillary!”