‘Killer clowns’ reportedly spotted in Coventry

Apparently they were carrying knives and hammers

Creepy ‘killer clowns’ have apparently been spotted around Coventry.

The craze, which started on college campuses in the US, now seems to have spread to UK soil.

A Facebook post has been shared over a thousand times in the last 24 hours, which claims that people dressed as creepy clowns have been seen with weapons such as ‘knives and hammers’ around the city.

Terrified people have been commenting on the post, trying to figure out whether the information provided by Jamie Beale was accurate or whether it was a prank.

No verified sightings have been confirmed, but Jamie has claimed that he was being followed and chased by armed clowns on the 6th of October. Supposedly, they have been hanging around Henley college in the Bell Green area.

Although most users have expressed fear over these claims, some have decided to take the matter into their own hands.

A couple of days ago, a man was arrested in Newcastle in connection to a clown incident. He was in possession of a bladed article and was scaring pedestrians by jumping out of bushes and chasing them down the street. As a result, Northumbia Police have deployed extra officers on hand to offer reassurance to the locals.

Now that the craze seems to have spread to Coventry, some Twitter users are terrified.

More to follow.