Warwick BNOC 2016 nomination: Theodora Hoar

She hopes to be nominated as Time Person of the Year

Being a BNOC is the ultimate university status and this year at Warwick, we have received over 250 nominations.

Today’s nominee is Theodora Hoar, not an actual student, but the creator of the new publication at Warwick called ‘The Hoar’.

Theodora claims writing and working for ‘The Hoar’ seems to take up most of her time. She says:

“Generally, I operate under the misapprehension that students aren’t as base and boring as people seem to think, and that’s why I publish amusing, and provocative articles”.

When she’s not writing for the Hoar, she likes to “hop from café to vegan café, looking for a ticket to the middle class, or a cheap return flight home to County Kerry.”

She has plans on writing a book about the popular history of Kyrgyzstan, written as an English-to-Emoji parallel text.

A fine example of Theodora’s work

Her nominators described her as someone with ‘witty banter’ and ‘one of the heavyweights of Warwick journalism’. When asked about how she felt regarding her nomination she replied:

“To be honest, i’m surprised I got nominated over Croft. Next stop; Time person of the year I suppose.”

Voting for the Warwick BNOC 2016 will be open later this month. If you’d like to nominate someone else, email [email protected] or message The Tab Warwick Facebook page.