Man murdered in Leamington Spa

The altercation happened on Russell Street

Warwickshire Police have named Robert Bavington as the victim of a fatal assault in Leamington Spa, after he passed away in hospital on Sunday.

The 28-year-old web designer was attacked outside the popular Moo Bar on Russell Street in the early hours of Sunday following an altercation between two groups.

The news comes as a shock to many Warwick University students, who regularly frequent the popular Moo Bar club and widely regard their town as a safe environment.

The assault happened after an altercation outside Moo Bar

Understandably Mr Bavington’s family have asked for respect in this hard time, however police are asking for witnesses to come forward to help solve this crime which took place at approximately 1:20 AM.

As of yet, all we know is that a 30-year-old male form Birmingham has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in charge whilst another 30-year-old male also from Birmingham has already been released without charge.

If you have any information about the incident, please call 101 quoting incident number 26 of April 10 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.