We can tell where you live on campus based on how you dress

Walk, walk fashion baby, work it, move that bitch crazy

Warwick is everyone’s favourite concrete jungle.

Although the aesthetics of the campus might be rather drab, that certainly doesn’t mean it’s students dress sense is.

Although we hate to admit it, people from different areas dress differently, and here’s how you can tell where someone is from:

Rootes

The infamous Rootes is not everybody’s cup of tea. In fact it’s nobody’s, but the people who live there can’t even afford a cup of tea so it doesn’t seem to matter.

Rootes is the place to go for a fun pre’s, everyone knows and loves that. But it’s not the best place for a fashion show. By this point in the year it’s likely all the home clothes the students brought will have been tainted with the likes of puke and stained alcohol.

They’re living the student life to the full, and the trackies and stained sweatshirts really reflect this.

Pyjama life

Whitefields

There’s a reason it’s known as Shitefields, and that reason extends to the dress code.

It’s not like you’re going to dress for the Ritz when you’re stuck in the architectural equivalent of a turd.

You might as well accept your fate for the year, and utilise your wardrobe to mourn the fact you were not on it when it came to applying for accommodation last summer.

Sorry man, you lucked out

Bluebell

If you’re a Bluebell student, you’re pretty much the only reason any clothing stores apart from Tesco Basics are still standing.

The Bluebell accommodation is the aesthetically preferred choice of building for Warwick prospectuses, and the students are no different.

Washing machines within the accommodation saves the Bluebell-ers  the inevitable 4am walk to the laundry building in that one clean onesie left that the rest of us students will all have to face.

They won’t sit with us

Arthur Vick and Jack Martin

What’s the difference between Jack Martin and Arthur Vick? They both accommodate students who have some respect for fashion (sorry Rootes lot) but unlike our beloved Bluebell residents they’re not going to splurge on Prada for Pop.

Refusing to succumb to the depressing scene of Smack and Neon, they’ll actually bother to wear heels and an outfit you can be assured is more expensive than a Q-Jump or two.

They pulled and you didnt

Westwood

Who actually knows what the people in Westwood dress like? Admit it, if you’re not from Westwood you’ve never bothered to visit and if you are from Westwood you’re probably not receiving internet signal in that remote an area to read this.

Perhaps the inhabitants of Westwood have jumped on this opportunity and dress in a manner that gives the middle finger to all social dress conventions the rest of us abide by.

Or maybe they dress just like the rest of us. Who knows, no one’s ever met one of them.

Vogue baby

Tocil

Tocil is that place you pass by on your way to Tesco that resembles a town where the last inhabitant died 50 years ago. Supposedly largely populated by master’s students, we’ve yet to see any of them emerge from their confines. Therefore, establishing a set dress code proves quite a task. But we’re guessing it’s as drab as the generally depressing atmosphere you’re engulfed in any time you come near.

*tumble weed rolls past*

Sherbourne

If you’re looking for a halls that knows how to have a good time while also not being infested with rodents (sorry again, Rootes) look no further than Sherbourne! Likewise, the students of Sherbourne boast a respectable dress sense by day, but don’t for a moment think those students haven’t got a number of fancy dress costumes stored in their wardrobe as soon as night time falls – they’re the fancy dress equivalent of Batman.

The only issue is, they’d also better pick up some Timberland walking boots if they ever want to make the long trek to central campus.

Totally bananas