Men and women are still on unequal pay at Warwick University

There’s a gap of around 19 percent between some salaries

Warwick University, one of the country’s top ten universities, doesn’t even offer equal pay yet.

According to a recent report published by the University and College Union, Warwick University, alongside many other renowned universities in the UK, are not yet complying with unequal pay differences between men and women, with drastic percentage differences between pay.

The report, published this month, states that Warwick University currently has a difference of £11,293 between male and female academic staff – this being a difference of 19 per cent.

Professors have a smaller difference of £6,462, however a disappointing percentage difference of 7.1 per cent is still visible at this present time.

Peter Dunn, Warwick’s press liaison, said: “I am not sure if the University and College Union’s data is wrong or out of date, or both.

“For instance looking at the data we have now for March 2016 for Professors the female average salary is £91,148 and male average is £96,664 – with the gap being 6% rather than 7.1% as in this table.

“If their data is right, but simply out of date, then this clearly shows our success at making a difference with significant improvements already under way to address an issue that all universities are facing and which can obviously only be change by sustained action to support women’s careers over the medium and long term.”

Despite the University and College Union’s recent report, it appears Warwick University is actively engaging in attempting to diminish the difference between male and female salaries.