Cov branded ‘hellhole of Britain’ by town and city review site

Ouch

Poor old Cov has taken yet another bashing, this time on town and city review site iLiveHere – and it’s so savage we can’t see how the city will recover.

The brutal commentary of the city was penned by an anonymous visitor and has enjoyed 555 shares on social media sites since being posted.

They said: “Potential visitors must have a strong stomach, well stocked with anti-depressants, and a clear exit plan”, adding that Cov’s aesthetics have “as much charm as a week old turd”.

The anonymous reviewer also had a swipe at the city’s “narrow, empty, soulless streets,” before launching a stinging attack on the shape of business and employment in the city: “Pay is low and a day’s wage is the equivalent of a bus ticket there and back, making it completely pointless.”

Rating the UK’s 13th largest city in the categories of city-centre, employment, entertainment and social, the unfortunate tourist was not impressed by their experience, continuing: “the local population are unkempt numptys asking for the time […] passers-by are most likely to greet you by spitting at the floor, than with a smile or handshake.”

All of this seems bit odd for what was named one of the top 50 cities in the world for students.

Strangely, the author also noted an unfriendly spirit of ostracisation and lack of nightclubs in Cov. They must have missed out on Kasbah.

The writer signed off by saying the only redeeming feature of Cov seemed to be the presence of a three-floor Primark “and it’s easy escape routes.” Savage.