The best places to nap on campus

The SU sofas are pretty comfy

Having an early morning lecture after a big session at Smack leaves you needing a restorative nap to make it through that 5pm seminar. But where’s the best place to get some shut eye?

Against the Koan

Comfort rating: 1/5

The Koan is the perfect little spoon and definitely won’t be sending you needy texts the next day asking to go for coffee. However, this spot may also add fuel to the rumours that Warwick students worship the Koan, so be prepared for cult followers and satanic chanting while you get some sleep.

The sofas in the SU

Comfort rating: 5/5

Probably one of the comfiest spots for a nap on campus. However, make sure you get in there early as these really are the holy grail for doze desperate students – particularly on a Thursday morning, when I suspect some people pass out there after Pop in favour of a bus ride home.

A toilet cubicle

Comfort rating: 2/5

Not that classy and you are in danger of catching some kind of disease. However, on the plus it is very private and you can relax to the sultry tones of running water and zipping flies.

The learning grid and the library

Comfort rating: 3/5

It will be super quiet and people are pretty used to it, so no one will stare at you (much). Lots of people moan they can’t get a spot in the library or the grid, but this is mainly due to the immense number of hungover students looking to rest their head.

Bar Fusion

Comfort rating: 1/5

This is one of the less comfortable options, and you will also get some weird looks from people on tinder dates. Although, if you can get away with it, lying on one of the long tables probably would not be too bad, just make sure the bar staff don’t kick you out.

Your lecture

Comfort rating: 3/5

Let’s face it we’ve all done it, whether by accident or design. Just try not to do it in the front row because you will get some evil stares from your lecturer in the future. Caution: this is not an option for snorers.

Post-Pop naps

Comfort rating: -7.3/5

If this is your nap spot, it is probably not by choice. The middle of the piazza is not dignified or comfortable. Having said that, it will stop the earth spinning for a while, and the freezing cold concrete will help soothe your headache. Just make sure you avoid the patches of purple vomit before you pass out.