What’s the worst halls on campus?

‘Living in Whitefields is like being in a social experiment’

Whitefields is infamous among freshers for being terrible. But which other concrete blocks are the worst on campus?

Naqash, Third Year, Computer Science

“The one with the little houses… Whitefields? They seem really tiny and I don’t know anyone interesting who lives there.”

Jack, Second Year, English Literature

“Cryfield – claustrophobic and very old. My friend stayed there and really didn’t like it.”

Chloe and Megan, Third Year, PPE

Chloe: “Bluebell – It’s quiet, overpriced and the people that I’ve met from there are not the most interesting.”

Megan: “Westwood is so far away but the people are gems. I guess they’re all stuck in the same boat.”

Joe, Second Year, Philosophy

“Westwood is so ridiculously far away. It’s almost like a desert island.”

Anna, First Year, English Literature

“Cryfield. I heard that there was a group of people that went without hot water for two weeks. It’s not worth the money, it’s a shack.”

Maleek, Third Year, Management and Tommy, Third Year, Accounting and Finance

Tommy: “Whitefields – my friend had a tree fall on his kitchen and someone urinated in his letterbox.”

Maleek: “I agree with Tommy.”

Mina, Second Year, History and Politics

“Whitefields is trash. It’s called Shitefields for a reason. Someone posted on Yik Yak how living there is like a social experiment.”

Arjiv, First Year, Physics

“Rootes – I heard that its bad, the fire alarms are always going off, its noisy and its messy every Thursday after POP.”

Lizzy and Christina, Second Year, PPE

Lizzy: “Westwood is such a long walk, the toilets are really bad.”

Cristina: “Whitefields’ kitchens are like cupboards, the whole place steams up and its tiny in general.”