I don’t care what you think, I hate Tinder

You should too

Single life is filled with endlessly swiping left or right on Tinder, hopelessly trying to find the man or woman of your dreams. Well, let me tell you this – don’t bother.

It’s completely crazy to think people are judging you for a potential date or relationship based merely on how you look. I mean are we completely past the days where personality actually counts towards liking or disliking someone? Apparently so. It seems we’ve lost the confidence to approach people in reality and rely on modern technology to do the hardest part for us.

Where have the days gone when people met on park benches or at a museum? Now it seems we’ll all be telling our children and grandchildren we met on Tinder – modern technology’s answer for chivalry. Romance at its finest.

Me attempting to enjoy Tinder, unsuccessfully

This might be a sign I shouldn’t be using Tinder in the first place, but the app itself is extremely annoying to use. You’d have thought it would be super easy to use but every message or “new match” sends not one notification, but about three for the same thing. The app freezes every time I use it and the messages I send to people always have to be sent a million times until they successfully deliver. Tinder and I clearly have a love-hate relationship going on to start with.

The most annoying part of the whole app

In a world where almost every single person has access to a phone and technology, it seems unthinkable I keep running out of people around me. Either I’ve gone through all my possible options (unlikely) or the app needs work. The constant updates are neither interesting nor helpful. “Super like” is just somewhat embarrassing and awkward and the introduction of job and work specifications is totally unappealing.

In my opinion, Tinder is just a waste of time – the people you do talk to often don’t bother replying even after you’ve matched, some people won’t stop messaging you and become weirdly obsessive, then there’s others who embarrassingly un-match you halfway through a conversation. Then, even after all this effort, you discover most of the people using Tinder aren’t even using the app to date – what an utter waste of time. It’s neither exciting nor exhilarating: it’s boring.

My advice to single people is this – delete this stupid app. Go out and enjoy what you’re doing and don’t worry about searching madly for a partner. Things will happen eventually, just be patient. Everyone wants to find someone special, and so do I (I’m not completely cynical), I just doubt Tinder is the way to find them.