Warwick is the 80th best uni in the world

We’re coming for ya Oxbridge

High-flying Warwick uni has made it into the top 100 unis in the world in the latest Times Higher Education rankings.

Our position is an incredible improvement on last year’s finish of 141st, and is even more impressive as the rankings have expanded to include unis from 70 countries this year.

The rankings are based on thirteen different indicators, including research influence and staff-to-student ratio.

The UK has the second-highest number of world-class universities in the top 800, beaten only by the US.

Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial all made it into the top 10, though with Warwick gaining University of the Year from the Times in 2014 and being recognised for both research and results throughout the last year, we’re certainly on our way to challenging Oxbridge.

London also confirmed its place as the world’s leading academic city this year, with four universities in the top 30 for the first time.

Phil Baty, editor of the Times HIgher Education World University Rankings commented on the UK’s performance, saying: “The United Kingdom is a stand-out performer in this year’s rankings, boasting an impressive 78 institutions overall, with 34 of these sitting in the top 200.

“The Times Higher Education World University Rankings…apply rigorous standards…The top 800 list represents just four per cent of the world’s higher education institutions, so we congratulate all institutions who have made this year’s list.”

Vice Chancellor Professor Sir Nigel Thrift has responded to the news, saying: “I want to thank every member of staff, the students and the alumni that have contributed to the achievement of this result – and indeed to the full 50 years of Warwick’s success.”