Warwick jumps into top 50 unis in the world

We’re in the top ten for the UK

Warwick uni has soared into the top 50 universities in the world in this year’s QS World Rankings.

Our meteoric rise means we are now in the top ten best unis in the UK.

Globally, we’ve pulled ahead of other globally renowned institutions, including the likes of Amsterdam (55), New York (53), and Brown (49).

Do Australian universities even count?

Topping the list this year is MIT, followed by Harvard. These American unis are closely followed by a string of British unis with four placing in the top 10. Cambridge are joint 3rd with Stanford, while Oxford, UCL and Imperial take up 6th, 7th and 8th respectively.

Back at Warwick, the best-performing subjects include English Language & Literature (22nd), History (15th), Business & Management Studies (26th), Economics & Econometrics (29th) and Sociology (23rd).

Our nearest and dearest rivals Coventry failed to earn a position on the list.

The news of the rise up the table has been well received by Warwick, especially as we had dropped six places in 2013.

Commenting on the success, the University of Warwick’s Vice-Chancellor, Professor Sir Nigel Thrift, said: “As we continue to celebrate our 50th anniversary the QS ranking is a fitting tribute to the work of Warwick staff and students that has underpinned our success.”

Coventry is yet to comment.