We asked you to reveal your embarrassing group chat names

They’re so cringe

| UPDATED group chat whatsapp

Whether you’ve constantly silenced the bloody thing, or you’re a devoted member, we’re all involved in way too many awfully named group chats. Funny group chat names have taken on a personality of their own. 

With over 300 million messages sent everyday, we appear to need to be in constant contact with each other. By making a group we can reach and rinse a wide selection of mates at the same time, the name of the group is just another great way to take the piss.

Bakin’ Mad

Anita Toor: “My friends from home all got really obsessed with this lame online baking game. We just use the chat to talk about the game.”

The Cream Team

Bethany Frances Meban: “After a dull conversation about the usefulness of Savlon (the antiseptic cream) my friend dropped into conversation that while she was on holiday two years ago, her friend licked whipped cream off her nipple in a crowded bar for a round of free drinks.”

Bantz 2K12

Sunny Patel: “Someone in the chat made a really terrible joke that belonged back in 2k12.”

The Boozy Bois Getting Wasted Like Raz

Frank Shorey: “It’s someone I know from an old job. His mates had a chat and added me to it. It’s got its own description too:

“‘If you’ve come of age and are always up for getting completely fucked, then the Boozy Boiz are for you. Welcome to this club. Remember, if you are in, you’re in for life.'”

Charlie’s Angels

Tristan Latarche (his name isn’t even Charlie): “Next year I’m living with three girls, and they look like the new cast of Charlie’s Angels.”

Bo, Put Your Hoes Before Your Shows

Bonita Trigg: “I study theatre so go to see a lot of plays. My friend wanted a big girls’ night out so she could get laid, but I was planning on going to see a play that evening. I ended up going out.”

The Crack Den

Toma Babickaite: “Our house is a shit hole.”

Age

Ewan Mcgowan: “Last year we all got proper into Age of Empires during exam time. We used the chat to organise games, even though we all lived on the same corridor.”

Ewan would like to add he has an EP coming out in March. It will contain age references.

Tachbrook Twats

Robyn Cufley: “We live on Tachbrook Road and we’re twats.”

Helena’s Whores 

Helena Sewell: “It was our quiz name and then just kind of stuck. Plus my name’s Helena and they’re my whores.”

Turtle Baes

Samuel G Mitchell: “We love the cocktail bar Turtle Bay, and we’re fucking hilarious.”

A Sieve and Some Lube

Will Slatts: “I was ordering lube with my girlfriend and you got money off if you spent over a certain amount. We needed a sieve. So I ordered a sieve and some lube to the Amazon lockers on campus.”

Articles recommended by this author –

I put all my exes into a groupchat and watched all hell break loose

All the absolute worst people you’ll have in your groupchat

These are all the people you’ll meet during group projects