There are more alcohol awareness videos and they’re even more important

Don’t pre-drink, you’ll break your mum’s heart

You will drink drive, get dumped by your girlfriend, beaten up by a man with a van and be disowned by your own mother if you pre-drink.

That’s according to a series of hard-hitting alcohol awareness videos created by Safe in Warwickshire – a group ‘working together to protect Warwick residents from harm.’

The drink awareness videos – which cost a stunning £4000 to produce – follow the nutty night of two young alcohol-loving revellers.

Ethan Oswold and his younger brother are shown sinking a couple of pints and swigging from a bottle of Jack Daniel’s before openly lying to their mother’s face and driving their car to the local pub.

Despite featuring important insight, including the controversial view that a “loss of inhibitions can lead to people making some foolhardy decisions”, the well-meaning video has failed to strike a chord with Warwick’s student population.
Drinking alcohol may make you a terrible son, but you’ll still be able to score a belting volley with your beer can. Swings and roundabouts.
The image of poor Maria is a particularly harrowing one. Remember, pre-drinking with your younger brother will make you a misogynist.

Perhaps the most chilling part of this cringe crusade is the distressing background music, which has presumably been taken from a budget horror film. Absorbing the message is quite difficult when you’ve got that sneaking feeling that the Babadook is about to jump Maria’s mate.

To be honest, Ethan, if you openly lie to your mother then you probably deserve to be chucked out of your home and dumped by the love of your life. Face the consequences.