Petition success: Return from a year abroad and you’ll be guaranteed campus accommodation

You get to be with your friends

A successful petition has ensured returning students will be granted campus accommodation with their pals. 

Students who go on a study year abroad are now guaranteed campus accommodation can again apply as a friendship group.

Previously, Warwick’s accommodation services were branded “devious” by students who were previously left without halls to return to.

Students faced the possibility of being unable to live on campus on their return and struggled to find alternative off-campus accommodation. Warwick Accommodation claimed this was in an attempt to accommodate all the Freshers.

Dass ist gut, yah.

The petition, campaigning for Warwick Accommodation to change this application process was signed by over 200 people.

It was also backed by departmental staff.

With the success of the petition, students are guaranteed campus accommodation and can apply in groups of up to 8 people.

Luke Vince, organiser of the petition, was happy with the outcome.

He said: “I’m happy that Warwick Accommodation has actually taken on board what the students wanted and am grateful to our departments for fighting our corner.

“I also hope that a solution will be sorted out for the future year abroad students too. I want to thank everyone that got involved in the issue”.