Warwick’s vintage fair: The essence of being a hipster

Feeling like you don’t belong? Do you want to be like the others? Is your mainstream self bringing you down? Don’t you worry, we’re here to help

Everyone these days are trying to outdo each other when it comes to individuality and being ‘that guy’ round campus.

Where to find such individuality and that inner hipster? The Warwick Vintage fair provided the moment to grab the bull by the horns and become that hipster.

Long hair is a thing of the past. Remember having your Mum putting one of these in your hair?

tab1

Get yourself a scrunchie. The grimier the better. Velvet is highly recommended.

Now have a harder think into the past and think Grandma. Think random. Think holiday souvenir from Benidorm.

Now go to Grandma’s and look inside that wardrobe that hasn’t been cleaned since 1961. Got that dusty purse from her holidays back in the 70’s?

Now put it in your bag and slowly move away. Once you whip that out in costcutter, they’ll be no stopping you!

Now heating bills are going and its getting a bit nippy round campus. You can’t use the library heating all day, so here are few options for you.

Grab yourself a maxi waterproof jackets. Slick. Lightweight. Durable. The more neon colours the more likely you are to fit in and have friends. Simple.

.

Now – leather jackets. Your old uncle’s leather jacket from his golden years will have to do. Look even grow a beard and look like a biker, let the haters hate.

There’s a reason polar bears can survive in the Arctic. Fur. Get some and release that beast inside. No one will mess with you.

Simon Cowell is can pull some high waisted slacks, so why can’t you? High waisted jeans with patterns are the ones for the win. The more pattern and colour the better.

Lets get seasonal. John Lewis adverts. Unbearable freezing conditions. Christmas is coming and so are cheesy jumpers. You don’t want to miss out as these will become your must have fall essential, and you know what the say, the bigger the better.

At Uni, time is of the essence and we need to make the most of it. Forget a Rolex or a Cartier. Whip a plastic Casio. Or if you’re badass enough whip out two. Yeah you heard. Two.

Why not even combine two plastic Casios with different time zones in them? If you aim to go global this is highly recommended.

Whoever tells you cheesy feet are not attractive are lying. Hipsters never have pristine shoes. Like the good old scrunchy, the grimier the better!

These are the essential steps to tap into that inner hipster. In no time you’ll be smelling, looking and feeling like one. But the vintage fair is only the first step. The transformation is a long process and takes time to perfect.

Change your name, taste in music and the way you speak and talk.

Do not acknowledge yourself as a hipster, in fact, if called by this term ask the person what being a hipster means.  Forget that this term exists. Forget that you read this.