Two weeks late: Union respond to grim reaper activist hustled out of careers fair

Pls stop oppressing me

It only took the Union two weeks to release a statement condemning security goons who booted an activist dressed as the grim reaper out of a careers fair. 

Bouncers manhandled two activists out of the event after they protested multinational companies Shell and Rolls Royce.

This video, filmed by the People and Planet Society, shows one of the activists dressed as Death getting carried out of the careers fair.

One of the guards puts up her hand against the window to block the camera.

The students were evicted after 25 minutes at the event for holding placards saying “Rolls Royce kills” and “Burning our future”.

Jittery security guards marched the pair out the building and pushed another to the ground.

Two weeks later, brave student union officials released a defiant statement.

It said: “It has come to the Sabbatical Officers’ attention that at least one representative from People & Planet Society was forcibly ejected from the Engineering & Technology Careers Fair.

“While it is crucial that students are able to experience careers fairs for their primary purpose, we also strongly believe in our students’ right to protest in a peaceful manner for causes that they believe to be important.

“We therefore completely condemn the excessive physical force used by Campus Security in removing the representative of People & Planet from the venue, and will be speaking to Senior Management at the University to ensure that incidents such as these do not occur again.”

Thank God someone had the courage to say it.