10th anniversary Warwick jailbreak winners reach Israel

We’re better at getting in pants than Birmingham

Warwick Jailbreak smashed all the records when it managed to fit 314 jail breakers into one pair of pants.

Jailbreakers had 36 hours to beg and borrow their way across the globe to get the furthest away from campus.

In aid of international cancer charity Worldwide Cancer Research (WCR), Warwick Jailbreakers raised a whopping £30,000.

The winning duo, Leon Izbicki and Niklas Wagemann, aka the SmashBros, flew to Tel Aviv in Israel, 4000km away.  They reached the furthest point from campus since 2011.

All in the name of charity, this years winners made it to Isreal

The pair apparently blagged their free tickets without any prior planning.

The 2014 runners up managed to blag their way to Malaga, Barcelona, Budapest, Antalya, Berlin, Frankfurt, Copenhagen and Dublin.

With 340 people signing up for Jailbreak this year, making it the largest in the UK, jail breakers also broke the world record for fitting the most amount of people into a single pair of underpants.

Room for one more? This year’s jail breakers broke two record, so we can’t really call them pants…

Warwick broke University of Birmingham’s record of 304 people squeezed into a pair of (not so) teeny weenies and managed to squeeze 316 people in.

The jailbreakers smashed Birmingham’s record by getting 316 people in a pair of undies.

Elenya McCue, second year Engineer, managed to blag her way along with partner-in-crime Kate Bamford to Cologne in Germany. Elenya told the Tab ‘Our saving grace came from a guy called Terry who was going back to Germany

He told us about his family and that his wife had died from Cancer and he was in remission from skin cancer himself so he was very proud of all the work we were doing to raise money for such a good cause’.

The pair raised £340, had a great experience and topped it off by coming back laden with Tequilla and Jager – strong effort all round ladies.