What’s Hot This Summer?

The do’s and the don’ts for fashion this summer, plus a little motivation for them so last season exams….

| UPDATED fashion inspiration style summer warwick warwick uni women

The Tab asked six girls what their summer resolutions were, what are the essentials for this season, and how they will cope with exams (in a somewhat fashionable way). This is what they had to say:

THE ETHNIC:  

“This summer I will carry around a moleskine and write down what I see and who I meet”- Bea

One thing to pack in your bag for when your back:  An Anklet, forget big necklaces and boring bracelets, an anklet is much more fun, you can even make it your self, check asos.com, they have super cool ones now.

One thing you wont be carrying in your bag anymore: My agenda! After classes are over, I will throw that awful thing until we are back next year, and I will not miss it!

One thing to keep us going during exam season: Plan your summer, I’m thinking of volunteering, scroll through photos from last summer, and try to survive.

THE FUTURISTIC:

“ This summer I will explore the hidden secrets of my city”– Cas

One thing to pack in your bag for when your back: My phone, I know it sounds cliché but in the right hands a phone can be like a magic wand. I use it to check the fashion apps, like Nastygal… Get inspiration from Chiara Ferragni on Instagram, or simply check the weather to see if I am wearing the right outfit!

One thing  you wont be carrying in your bag anymore: lip gloss, it leaves your lips sticky and dry.

One thing to keep us going during exam seasons:  Is this the part where I answer, read the Tab?

THE GYPSY: 

“ This summer I will stay up to the see the sun rise”- Elena

One thing to pack in your bag for when your back: Rings, loads of rings! You cant have too many! Don’t be afraid to combine different colours and styles, even put one in your thumb.

One thing you wont be carrying in your bag anymore: Anything black. Black is for winter. Colour it up! Mix and match different colours and fabrics. My favourite for this season is definitely turquoise. Colour is the new black. 

One thing to keep us going during exam seasons: Nothing, just face it, it’s the worst. Im kidding, get your self a good soundtrack for those tiny breaks, nothing like a good: ‘ If you like pina coladaaaas’ to battle the boredom.

THE MERMAID:

“This summer I will get a job on a completely new country and learn a new language”- Lau

One thing to pack in your bag for when your back: A good bronzer! Nothing is as bad as being completely pale from those eternal library hours. But be careful, the difference between hot and nemo is very slim.

One thing you wont be carrying in your bag anymore: After exams are over I like to leave my phone at home for as long as I can. I really don’t need to know about what everyone is doing all the time, being too social can be stressful at times.

One thing to keep us going during exam seasons:  Make a calendar? I don’t know if that’s even worse… just keep your self looking as decent as you can, try not to over do it with the angry facebook status and the crazy snapchats…

THE EDGY: 

“ This summer I will learn how to play the guitar” – Paloma

One thing to pack in your bag before your back: Mirror sunglasses! I found mines at my grandma’s place, they were my dad’s from the seventies.

One thing you wont be carrying in your bag anymore: Can I answer a bag itself? I hate bags, I prefer to fill up my pockets until they explode!

One thing to keep us going during exam season:  I don’t know if this is very inspirational, but I mean, you can always quit. So many people made it far without a degree! You can sell flowers, become a painter, marry the heir to the crown of a tiny country somewhere in Asia…So if worst comes to worst…

THE ARTSY: 

“This summer I will start my own business”- Pati

One thing to pack in your bag before your back: A good novel! I am so tired of my boring essays and text books. Get your self a good book of short stories, to read from time to time. Hemingway or Garcia Marquez are my favorites.

One thing you wont be carrying in your bag anymore: A digital camera! Disposables are back. I think its funny how people spend ages on their phones trying to edit photos so they look old, when you get the same effect with a disposable.

One thing to keep us going during exam season: Its funny but the more I have to study the more creative I become, so make sure to write all of your great ideas down so that you wont forget them. I think it was Picasso that once said: Inspiration will come, but it has to find you working!

Now we want to know:  what will you do this summer?