BOMB BLUFFER BUSTED

Remember the fool who called the University saying there was a bomb at Westwood? Yeah, he’s been jailed for eight months. Justice has been served.

We’ve all done it. Prank called your mate. Ordered a pizza to a random person. Prank called babestation (or is that just me?) But it takes some stupidity and lowness to hoax a University about a bomb being in their Tennis Centre.

Well…. we all remember the lunatic who did that last October when the Tab uncovered the bomb scare that saw the Tennis Centre at Westwood and the Dirty Duck evacuated.

The Westwood Bomb scare occurred last October after a hoax call.

The prankster, Nigel Lewis, 51, was sentenced only a matter of days ago to eight months in jail. The hoaxer, who clearly forgot to put 141 in front of his number, pleaded guilty to the charge at Coventry Crown Court after police were able trace Lewis’s number, sentencing him for communicating false information.

When students were asked about the verdict of Nigel Lewis one said: “What a fool! He deserved everything he got! What drives a man to do such a thing? He was clearly a bored and very sad man.”

A maths student said: “What happened to good old fashioned prank calls, the harmless ones? Why put everyone through such fear, and make it so easy for the police to catch you!

“You don’t have to be good at numbers to remember 141 in front of your number! What a looney!”

PC Plod of the West Midlands, Boban George said: “His actions spread fear and panic among 400 staff and students and led to lessons being disrupted, conference rooms, halls of residence and other facilities being closed.”