SEX SURVEY: The results

The average student has slept with nine people, our survey reveals.

The average Warwick student has shagged 9 people, our extensive sex survey reveals.

We are right on the mark of the national average of nine lifetime sexual partners, and we rank NINTH in a table of 28 universities.

Guess Warwick’s reputation for pulling isn’t so bad after all. Or maybe we just all lowered our standards.

Universities with 100 or more respondents

A total of 12,708 students across 36 unis filled in our national questionnaire – and by golly the answers will get you hot under the collar.

Oxford Brookes students are the most prolific in the country – the polys bang an average of 14 people.

Coming in second are Plymouth with 11.5 sexual partners. We’ve heard it’s wet in the south-west at the moment, but Jesus!

Completing the ménage à trois at the top of the table are Liverpool – the city’s students putting Suarez and Sturridge to shame with their finishing.

The guys shag more than the girls – the average male student has slept with 10 people to the average female’s 7.7. If you don’t think you can have .7 of a shag, you’ve clearly never taken a rugby boy home.

A quarter of girls lie about the number of people they’ve slept with – 20% say they’ve slept with fewer than they have, whereas 5% bump their number up.

Of the 22% of boys who lie, 12% increase their number, compared to 10% who drop it. Yet again machismo bullshit winning through…

As with all Tab surveys, we urge you to take these results with a pinch of salt. Look out for parts two and three in the coming days, when we explore STIs and sexuality.

Want to join us for a cold shower after taking all this in? Email [email protected] to get involved.