Leam Terrace Woman Threatened With Rape

After a week of tragic events in Leamington Spa it has been reported a woman in Leam Terrace was attacked and threatened with rape…

It has been revealed that a woman had her phone stolen and was threatened with rape in an early evening robbery in Leamington.

As seen in the Leamington Observer The woman was talking on her iPhone in Leam Terrace around 6.45pm on Tuesday January 28th when the attacker, who had been walking behind her for some time, assaulted her and took her phone.

Leam Terrace is also a popular place for student housing and this adds to the disastrous events that have unfolded recently in Leamington Spa.

The victim was knocked to the floor and the robber tried to grab her handbag before he walked off in the direction of Radford Road. He is described as a stocky man in his mid-twenties who was wearing jeans, a grey hoody, and a woollen hat.

Although the woman escaped serious injury, she was left severely shaken by the incident and it has not yet been revealed the identity of the woman.

Leam Terrace was the scene of the crime, a popular student residency.

A second year History student, who wanted to remain anonymous is appalled at these recent events. They said: “I really can’t believe what is going in Leamington as of late.

“My heart goes out to the victims of these appalling crimes and I have all the faith in the police to rectify the situation”.

Anyone with information are advised to call Warwickshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.