Rugby Team to be auctioned as slaves

UWRFC give something back to the community. This Friday, Warwick Men’s Rugby Club will host their annual slave auction at Kelsey’s bar in Leamington

Friday night sees one of the biggest events in the Warwick social calendar, as members of Warwick Men’s Rugby are auctioned of as slaves to an audience of salivating females.

How does it work?

From interpretative dance to musical performances, sesh-sending to stripteases, these acts are as varied as they are entertaining. At the end of each act the participants are auctioned off to the spectators.

Be warned: bidding can be fierce, with last year’s highest-bids hitting triple figures.

Abs-olutely scrum-ptious…

Once bought, the rugby players are, for a short period of time, the buyers’ slaves. In the past, the rugby slaves have been brought along to other sports teams’ circles, been publicly humiliated and performed domestic chores.

Whether it’s out of fantasy or necessity, purchasing a rugby slave is a worthwhile investment. They’ll do ANYTHING.

Every year, in the weeks leading up to the event, the participants in the slave auction create their own ‘Pick Me’ videos and share them on Facebook. This year’s batch have already been released… take a look HERE.

Last year’s most popular ‘Pick Me’ video.

Previous Highlights

There have been many memorable slave auction performances.

Highlights have included a novel rendition of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake, the Full Monty, a Boyz2Men tribute act, an ‘über schlutty’ comedy act, UWRFC rock band and Man vs Booze.

Ones to watch

Josh Downie, Luke Macklin, Yeboah Mensah-Dika

After last year’s notorious Boys2Men tribute act, these lads have already established themselves as hot buys for Friday. Rumours have already surfaced of Yeboah and Josh exploiting their close relationships with Hockey and Volleyball to engineer a cutthroat bidding war.

Make sure you take out your full overdraft if you want a piece of the action.

Harri Smith and Josh Ballantine-Dykes

Don’t worry Josh – you can leave your hat on…

If you’re looking for double trouble, these boys should be on your list.

As can be seen from their pick me video, you don’t get one of these UWRFC tour secs without the other – whether or not this is a good thing is for you to decide. Expect to see these boys give an act that delivers on all fronts, with Harri providing the ‘rig’ and Josh providing the form.

Matt ‘Fresh Macklin’ Lawrowitsch and Will Ross

Yes ladies, this face can be yours for 24 magical hours

Becks AND cookies?! This lad knows how to party hard…

These two hefty UWRFC freshers have truly grown over the past term, developing from innocent, timid seedlings in to blooming ‘sesh ledges’. What these boys lack in charm they make up for in sheer weirdness.

So now you’ve seen what’s on offer, make sure you don’t miss the only civil-rights-violating strip fest you’ll want to see.