All the things to do in Bristol if you’ve stayed over the summer

There is so much

Bristol, the place of dreams at all times of the year, let alone during the summer. It’s a whole new ball game. Most of your friends have decided to go back to their home turf to ‘save money’ and work at the same place that they have for the past four years, but you have refused.

You don’t want to be nagged by your parents at home, or go back to the same old routine, you want to have fun. Your mates keep texting you saying how much they are hating home and you reply “I hate to say I told you so”, whilst you sip on a cold pint overlooking the harbour.

If you are in the unlikely situation of having nothing to do, here’s a selection of things happening over the next few months to guarantee you a summer of tinnies, glitter and groovin.

Bristol Pride: 30th June – 9th July

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHpKQ3nAj0B/

Busted are headlining and Pride claim that this is their biggest line up yet. 19 events across 11 days – get yourself to this truly unavoidable event.

The organisers have said: “Events taking place include theatre, comedy, dog show and the award-winning Pride film festival, Queer Vision at The Watershed.”

Bristol Harbour Festival: 21st, 22nd, 23rd July

Not only one of the biggest festivals in Bristol but it’s also free! Expect arts, circus, dance, music, boats, a huge selection of food and drink and an all around glorious time.

Bristol International Balloon Fiesta: 10 – 14th August

So pretty

A sight made only for Bristolian eyes! The fiesta is Europe’s largest annual meeting of hot air balloons, which attracts over 150 hot air balloons from all over the world. This event is spread over four days and will possibly be one of the most beautiful things you will ever lay eyes on – it’s not to be missed.

The Downs Bristol Festival: 2nd September

UOB territory get down

Beautiful place, beautiful line up. Tickets available here.

DAY PARTIES (there are so many, this is only a handful):

Lock Yard x Sip the Juice at Motion: 30th June (this weekend)

It is free!

The organisers have said: “A special Summertime Soiree at the venue’s latest development – Lock Yard, situated on the terrace next to the river. Expect Westcoast sounds and Block Party vibes! And as long as the weather holds out this will be the perfect way to kick off you’re weekend.”

Hit up their event here.

Lakota Carnival Day Party: 1st July 2pm – 9pm

Seven hours of garage, dub and reggae, and it’s literally a fiver. Why the hell not?

Get your cheap ticket to this event.

Disco Brunch Terrace day party at Motion: July 8th

“A day party for foodies who like to boogie, expect good food, tons of prosecco, and of course… delicious cocktails!” What more could one want?

Boom Sound BBQ at The Canteen: July 15th – 16th

The canteen, everybody’s favourite place

A day of guaranteed fun.

Lock Yard x Future Garden: 21st July

Another free outdoor party at Lock Yard, Future Garden will obviously be supplying the disco grooves. Get down to this event for a perfect Friday evening ‘riverside rhumba’.

YARD Open Air Club at Motion: August 26th

“Yard will welcome a new era of open air clubbing in Bristol. A collaboration between some of the city’s most established dance music institutions, Yard will bring our outdoor spaces to life.” – Schamaze

Good food, great line up and groovy tunes –  Gonna be a BIG ONE.

Tickets now on second release.

Enjoy!