Bower Ashton library closed following burglary

Don’t worry, it’s open again

The Bower Ashton library was closed this morning due to a burglary that took place earlier today. 

UWE are unable to provide any more details of the case while an investigation is under way.

Staff at the Bower Information desk said, “We know it was a burglary that took place in the early hours of this morning we haven’t been told any other information”

This has come at an extremely stressful time with many students preparing for exams and coursework deadlines this week.

Students arriving this morning were annoyed to say the least after turning up to do work only to find out the library was unavailable.

Jess Reid, a third year Graphics student said, “It is very distressing, I have a dissertation due in a week and I can’t even use the facilities! Not to mention I could go to Frenchay library but because they’ve cancelled the 12 bus so I cant get there!”

For third year film student Tanya who ‘loves Bower’ this is just another disaster to take place around deadlines.

She said, “last time we had deadlines Janet broke and now the libraries been robbed. UWE isn’t having much luck.”

The Epi centres and the library at Frenchay remained open and students were encouraged to use these facilities.

Staff have confirmed the library has now re-opened.